Biden’s raging border crisis has never been more out of control than it is right now. No, that’s not my opinion, it’s a fact. May saw the highest number of migrant border crossings ever recorded by the United States Government.
The Federalist went on to report that “Since the beginning of the 2022 fiscal year in October, border officials have logged at least 1.5 million arrests. That sharp increase in apprehensions puts the U.S. on track to see more than 2 million arrests at the Southwest border by the end of the fiscal year in September.”
Rep. David Schweikert (AZ-R), was quick to highlight via social media “Once again, we see record-breaking numbers at our southern border – 239,416 encounters recorded in May 2022. The Biden administration still insists that there is no crisis, but the numbers continue to prove otherwise.”
The Arizona congressman shared a chart depicting the Fiscal Years for ‘Southwest Land Border Encounters by Month’ that shows just how disastrous the Biden Border Crisis has been in 2022 compared to the three previous years.
The National Federation of Republican Women, the largest grassroots Republican women’s organization in the country, according to their website, shared an article by GOP.com that highlights the ongoing drug, crime, and humanitarian crisis that come with the record-breaking illegal crossings.
The GOP.com article reported that “1,101 pounds of deadly fentanyl and 10,528 pounds of methamphetamine were seized at the southern border in May alone, with much more likely getting through.”
The article went on to highlight several other drug-related alarming statistics all in the month of May.
DRUGS POUR OVER THE BORDER AND CRIME IS SURGING
- Illicit drugs are flowing into the country at an alarming rate, with only a fraction being intercepted as border officials struggle to contain the smuggling.
- 1,101 pounds of deadly fentanyl and 10,528 pounds of methamphetamine were seized at the southern border in May alone, with much more likely getting through.
- Joshua Sharfstein of the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health: “If they’re seizing a lot, it’s because a lot is coming in.”
- The amount of fentanyl seized in May is the equivalent of more than 249 million lethal doses.
- In 2021, drug overdose deaths in the U.S. reached an all-time high, up 17 percent from the year prior.
- Opioid-related deaths due primarily to fentanyl caused three-quarters of these drug overdose deaths last year.
- In just two days in the El Centro sector, 90 packages of methamphetamine worth over $100,000 were seized.
- In Nogales, Arizona, border agents seized more than 390,000 fentanyl pills, “enough fentanyl to kill millions.”
- In recent weeks, border agents in the Rio Grande sector have arrested more than 44 gang members attempting to enter the U.S., with many more likely entering undetected.
- In Arizona, human smugglers are so emboldened they are sneaking illegal immigrants across a U.S. Army base, causing more than $75,000 in damage to the base in the last year.
Fox News reported that the American people don’t even know the real numbers and the numbers reported are just a snapshot of the crisis at the border.
“A high-level CBP source told Fox News that there have been 440,000 known gotaways since the fiscal year began in October — with over 50,000 in May alone. Combined with the 400,000 known gotaways since the beginning of FY 2021, that means that more than 800,000 illegal immigrants have gotten past agents since October 2020 — more than the entire population of Seattle,” Fox News reported.