HomeNewsWITCH HUNT: Judge Now Holds Real Estate Firm In Contempt Over Documents...

WITCH HUNT: Judge Now Holds Real Estate Firm In Contempt Over Documents In Trump Probe

I swear to God with these people. Do they ever get tired of making fools out of themselves? As the witch hunt continues for documents that Trump claims don’t exist, Attorney General Letitia James is now going after Cushman & Wakefield for the same documents.

Just last week, a New York judge lifted a contempt-of-court order against the former President. Trump was held in civil contempt in April for “failing to comply with a subpoena” from the New York Attorney General’s office for documents that didn’t exist in the first place as part of its investigation into Donald Trump’s company.

New York Supreme Court Judge Arthur Engoron said he reviewed additional documents Trump submitted and the attorney general’s office agreed that the conditions to purge his contempt had been met. Trump had previously met other conditions needed to lift the order.

But now Cushman & Wakefield, a real estate firm that appraised several Trump Organization properties, is being held in contempt by a state judge over its failure to hand over documents in a civil probe led by the New York attorney general.

Beginning Thursday, Cushman & Wakefield will be fined $10,000 a day until it produces documents that are already more than a week overdue to New York Attorney General Letitia James’ Office, according to a court order filed Tuesday.

In a previous filing, James’ office said it has “uncovered substantial evidence establishing numerous misrepresentations in Mr. Trump’s financial statements provided to banks, insurers, and the Internal Revenue Service.”

Trump and his company have denied any wrongdoing, with the former president at one point calling the probe “a continuation of the greatest Witch Hunt of all time.”

The contempt order is the latest development in a lengthy legal battle that began when James’ office served subpoenas on Cushman & Wakefield in September and again in February.

The real estate firm had “partially responded” to the subpoenas in March before it refused to provide the remaining records, state Judge Arthur Engoron said in Tuesday’s contempt order.

In a letter to Engoron on Tuesday, lawyers for the real estate company said that it had “produced more than 850,000 pages of materials” in response to James’ subpoenas and that a multimillion-page “document dump” would end up delaying her investigation.

Matt Clark
Matt Clarkhttps://patriotonenews.com
Founder and Senior Editor at PatriotOneNews.com, I'm on a mission to level the playing field one Citizen Journalist at a time. Time to take back America and de-brainwash the media with REAL NEWS that the MSM fails to deliver.
RELATED ARTICLES

Most Popular